Thursday, March 15, 2012

Tough Times

When I was in college, the toughest time was not being exempted from the CMSC137 exam when I was expected to be and when all my friends were. It seems shallow now but it wasn't shallow then. There were lots of tears and some flying objects involved during that struggle. I thought it was really unfair because I always study well but with one exam that I did not study as well, I get that???! But at the same time I knew it was kinda my fault because I did not do my best. BUT STILL I prayed for exemption so ARGH. Oh well, God just told me to study for the exam. So reluctantly, I did.

Proverbs 3:11-12 (MSG) But don't dear friend, resent GOD's discipline; don't sulk under his loving correction. It's the child he loves that GOD corrects; a father's delight is behind all this.

I got 102/100 points in the final exam.

When I was applying for grad school, the toughest time was being rejected by the school I wanted to go in. Because He promised me a scholarhip and I have been praying for it for a long time! There were also lots of tears and questions to God. I did my best. I had faith and soaked everything in prayer! Why the rejection? He told me to wait and try again. So reluctantly, I did.

Hebrews 11: 1 (MSG) The fundamental fact of existence is that this trust in God, this faith, is the firm foundation under everything that makes life worth living. It's our handle on what we can't see.

I got a scholarship to Keio University in Japan. 

When I was about to leave Japan, the toughest time was applying for a Schengen visa. Because I have been praying for my Euro trip for a long time and I have already invested A LOT of money on it (250,000 yen). But when I went to the German embassy they told me they don't think they could give me a visa but they'll just call me again. I freaked out. Again, lots of tears were involved. I was not in the position to waste money. I was already emotionally down for leaving Japan and then what now? I won't get to go to Europe? Why, God? Why? He told me to not be anxious and to believe that He would give me such a simple thing. So reluctantly, I did.

John 16:33 (MSG) I've told you all this so that trusting me, you will be unshakable and assured, deeply at peace. In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I've conquered the world.

I got the schengen visa.

Now I am once again in a tough time. Surprisingly, not so many tears have been involved. It's quite difficult because this is not something I could study, try again or work hard on. All I can hold on to is God's promise. All I can really do is pray and obey Him. It is tough and I have absolutely no idea how He will move in this. But like He has always done, I know He will. So, by faith, I believe.

Jeremiah 29:11 (MSG) I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out--plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.

This is gonna have a happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment